Hands-on team leader experienced at managing the creation of interactive web experiences, contributing insight and technical knowledge from concept and design through launch looking for freelance or full-time web development opportunities in the Memphis, TN area.
- Develop enhancements and improvements for multiple WordPress websites in coordination with team of designers and developers.
- Work with team of developers to improve stand up process and core code for new WordPress websites, including a custom starter theme and child theme.
- Develop custom events plugin for use on multiple WordPress websites with Schema.org structured data built into templates and shortcode for SEO purposes.
- Develop custom plugin for use on multiple WordPress websites to run a promotion callout across the top of selected pages in a website.
- Build customized onboarding process for new subscribers to the BusinessBoutique.com online community built on BuddyPress, taking the user through joining a group, adding recommended friends, and completing their profile as part of registration.
- Write custom PHP functions tying into WordPress with hooks and actions.
- Assist QA team with functional and regression testing during deployment.
- Use Git and GitHub for version control.
- Utilize Agile and Kanban frameworks as part of the product development workflow.
- Created actionable project scopes, resource estimates, and detailed production schedules for all client development work.
- Researched and learned emerging technologies for use in development.
- Developed ColdFusion REST API for use in a client app available in the Google Play and Apple stores.
- Converted design files from Adobe Photoshop CC into HTML and CSS.
- Front-end development for desktop, 40+ inch touchscreen, tablet, and mobile, plus responsive and adaptive websites using custom media queries and Bootstrap.
- Created modules using Google Maps API to manage location markers within CMS for community websites.
- Development for proprietary prospect and content management systems.
- Created custom themes for WordPress blogs and websites based on designs from Creative department.
- Additional development for social marketing including email, WordPress, and Facebook.
- Communicated with Creative Director and Art Directors to improve expectations, requirements, and processes from design to development.
- Assigned projects and tasks to team according to strengths and availability.
- Oversaw projects to ensure schedules and budgets were met.
- Led bi-weekly team meetings to understand and resolve any issues affecting schedule and scope of active projects, perform look-ahead and future project, and identify emerging technology the group should evaluate.
- Worked with Vice President of Operations to interview, hire, evaluate, and mentor developers.
- Managed website for school district.
- Developed modules, including a system for receiving and processing parental requests for school bus changes.
- Assist individual school webmasters with updates and training for school websites.
- Integral in conversion from static HTML website to the Interwoven TeamSite content management system, including development of training materials.
- Managed website for more than 4700 pilots.
- Converted, configured, and published web documentation required to pass inspection for company to operate in Guangzhou, China.
- Handled website support emails, solving more than 90% of issues with first contact.
- Designed and managed website.
- Increase web traffic 200% in 9 months with improvements in written and video web content.
- Developed nationally distributed training materials for content management system.
- Developed station brands and online promotional material as member of branding committee.
- Designed and developed small business websites running on a templateable content management system.
- Designed and developed small business websites.
- Developed company training manuals for distribution to clients.
- Photographed for-sale houses for use in online real estate listings.